Procurement Foundry CEO & Founder Michael Cadieux interviews Sarah Scudder.
- They discuss sourcing print.
- Marketing stakeholders can be difficult to work with. Often they don’t want anything to do with procurement.
- Advice she has for sourcing leaders trying to win over marketing stakeholders to get access to the print spend.
- Start small. Baby steps. Offer to help with the “small stuff” they don’t care much about like:
- Freight: consider having your print suppliers ship on your account instead of theirs to avoid markups & have transparency on your freight spend
- Transport & logistics for tradeshow materials: ship on your account; access print on demand vs. inventoried option; have a check-in & checkout schedule for key materials
- Warehousing & fulfillment: determine how much $ you are spending on destroying inventory that’s no longer relevant; consider print on demand (POD) vs. inventory; centralize warehousing with 1 supplier; find a supplier that’s centrally located to reduce freight costs & delivery times
- Specific sub-categories such as: business cards, envelopes & financial printing (usually not under mkt) are areas where procurement may be able to break the ice